Responsive Ad

Direk Sigrid napamura sa lumalait sa cast ng ‘I’mPerfect’: ‘Nakaka-P*t*ng*n*!’

Direk Sigrid napamura sa lumalait sa cast ng 'I'mPerfect': 'Nakaka-Ptngn!'
PHOTO: Facebook/Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo

NAPAMURA si Direk Sigrid Andrea Bernardo sa mga lumalait at kumukwestiyon sa buong cast ng pelikulang “I’mPerfect” na nagwagi bilang Best Picture, Best Actress, at Special Jury Prize for Best Ensemble Performance sa Metro Manila Film Festival Awards 2025.

At sa gaganaping 49th Gawad Urian Awards ay nominated sina Earl Jonathan Amaba at Krystel Go sa kategoryang Best Actor at Best Actress, respectively.

Nakakatuwa na ang tulad nina Earl at Krystel ay napansin sa Urian lalo’t pawang magagaling ang kanilang mga katunggali.

Pero hindi lahat ay masaya at natutuwa para sa tagumpay nang dalawang taong may Down Syndrome dahil imbes na hangaan ay nilalait pa.

Baka Bet Mo: Sigrid Bernardo walang bilib sa DS actors noon, nagbago pananaw sa ‘I’m Perfect’

Kaya naman ang direktor ng “I’mPerfect” na si Sigrid ay hindi napigilang maglabas ng galit sa kanyang Facebook account kagabi, Huwebes, Setyembre 3.

Post ng direktor, “PA-RANT LANG. Isa lang.

“I’m scared to celebrate my own actors.

“There. I said it.

“When I’mPerfect won Best Picture and Best Ensemble at the 2025 MMFF, and Krystel won Best Actress, I was so proud of her, of everyone. After carrying this film since 2009,

“I thought, FINALLY. They’re being SEEN the way they deserve to be seen.

“But NO.

“Tapos mababasa mo mga comments na ganito:

“’Bakit mananalo ang isang mongoloid kaysa sa beteranang aktres?’

“’Sarili lang naman niya ang ginagampanan niya.’

“’PITY vote.’

“’Puro retarded naman ang pelikulang ’yan.'”

Nakaka-highblood nga naman ang mga ganitong komento, ang pe-perfect kasi ng mga may ayaw sa DS.

Sabi ni direk Sigrid, “Nakaka…P*t*ng*n*. Because I was there. The entire team was there.

“Krystel and Earl didn’t have years of film experience. They had TWO MONTHS.

“And in those two months, they didn’t just learn acting. They had to learn filmmaking. Continuity.

“(Tulad ng) Marks. Eyelines. Camera limits. Sound. Blocking. Scheduling. Lighting. Repeating the same scene, the same movement, the same emotion again and again because we needed another take. At ang dami pa!

“And it wasn’t only them. We had other actors with Down Syndrome, and extras with autism, cerebral palsy, and other disabilities. We wanted them to represent themselves to show their abilities, not their disabilities.

“Now I’mPerfect is being considered as a contender for the Philippines’ entry to the Oscars, and Krystel and Earl are nominated for Urian as Best Actress and Best Actor.

“I should be celebrating.

“Pero ang hirap hirap lang talaga. Because I’m still seeing the SAME COMMENTS.

“They can work twice as hard, prove themselves again and again, and still be reduced to their disability.

“How much more do they have to prove before it’s enough? Kailan ba magiging sapat?

“And what broke me was realizing I was more affected by those comments than they were.

“Chill na chill lang sila eh.

“Kasi they’ve heard these things their whole lives.

“What mattered to them was finally seeing themselves on the big screen.

“Not as a diagnosis.

“Not as someone people should feel sorry for.

“They were Krystel playing JESSICA and Earl playing JIRO.

“So criticize the film. My direction. The script. Their performances.

“That’s part of the job.

“But they did NOT ‘just play themselves.’ Hindi awa ang pinaghirapan nila.

“Trabaho. Tapang. Talento.

“I didn’t cast them out of pity. I cast them because I saw actors. I believed they could do the job. And they fucking did.

“So the next time you see an actor with a disability on screen, SEE the ACTOR first.

“Watch the performance. Judge the work. Applaud the talent. Don’t give them pity. Give them the same RESPECT you give every other actor.”

The post Direk Sigrid napamura sa lumalait sa cast ng ‘I’mPerfect’: ‘Nakaka-P*t*ng*n*!’ appeared first on Bandera.



Source: The Daily Feed

Post a Comment

0 Comments