Responsive Ad

Janella Salvador On Her Pregnancy: 'My mom found out because may kumalat'

Yesterday, April 9, an interview of Janella Salvador was released on skypodcast, the podcast and YouTube channel of Slater Young and Kryz Uy. The new mom opened up about her pregnancy journey, touching on her and Markus Paterson's initial reactions, having to keep the pregnancy a secret from the public, and how her mom took the news and accepted the situation.

"[I told my mom] via video call lang," Janella began. "I was supposed to tell her in person, but because of the pandemic, there was a lockdown, I couldn't leave the house. So I had to call her. I was so nervous."

Janella continues, "She was poker face lang when I told her, 'Mama, I need to tell you something.' She was like, 'What, you’re pregnant?' It was so scary."

Kryz thought Janella's mom was able to guess the big news, but Janella clarified, "I think she found out because I think may kumalat. I told her when I was four months na 'coz I was really nervous about it. I didn't tell her agad. I already had my checkup. When I went to the hospital, one of the interns spread the news."

Janella recalled, "I was so pissed, because these are things you would want to tell your family members personally."

It didn't take long for Janella's mom to accept the pregnancy. Janella shared, "Eventually, she started buying stuff for me. She was like, 'You want this? It's maternity leggings.'"

Slater then asked Janella how she felt when she found out she was pregnant. "The first thing I felt was joy," Janella answered. "We were in Boracay, on vacation. It was a spontaneous trip. We went there out of nowhere—me, Markus, his manager Kuya Allan, and a friend of theirs who is now my friend. We were in Boracay, and I knew just a few days before that I started to feel different. I peed so much, I felt more emotional, there were certain things I didn't want to smell. So I was like, 'Oh no, I think I have to take the test.'"

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[76621], "widget":"See Also"}]

"I took the test, and they were both positive. And I couldn't stop smiling even when I showed Markus the result. It was a happy moment. The fear was there, but it wasn't overpowering. It was more of joy."

Janella gave birth to her son Jude Trevor Paterson in the UK on October 20, 2020. She and Markus spent five months there raising baby Jude, and they returned to the Philippines with Jude in January 2021. They introduced Jude to the online world on January 5, 2021.

Watch a part of Janella's skypodcast segment below!

[youtube:{"videoId":"null","youtubeId":"XbpTeOv9ln0", "caption":""}]

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["76754","76660","76538","75306"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments