Responsive Ad

Ellen Adarna: 'I was already complete. And then when Derek came, he just made it better, more beautiful'

Is there no one else more *in love* than Ellen Adarna and Derek Ramsay right now? Doesn't seem like it! After getting engaged on March 30, the two-month-old couple went on an Instagram Live interview with G3 San Diego last night, April 5, and talked about the following: how Derek planned his proposal to Ellen (it came together super-fast!), if Derek's engagement ring to Ellen was sponsored + worn by his exes (nope, it was brand-new and fully paid by Derek himself), and when they plan to get married (expect a simple wedding to happen this year).

But one question stood out among the rest and it was when G3 brought up Ellen's ex and the father of her child, John Lloyd Cruz. G3 asked, "What were you sure about with Derek that you weren't sure about with John Lloyd?"

Ellen carefully answered the question and said that it all boils down to how she and Derek communicate and that she already knew what she wanted out of a relationship: "Okay, first is the connection. It's the communication. And he [Derek] met me at the right time. He met me during the pandemic. I fixed myself, I worked on myself, I did a lot of inner work, so at that time [that we met], I knew what I wanted na. I knew what was good for me, I knew what was bad for me. And when I made better choices for myself, that's when things just started to come in and everything just made sense."

The 33-year-old actress went on to stress that she "was happy na" even before she met Derek in January 2021. "I was content and happy without him [Derek]. I didn't have that desperate vibe of trying to look for love, looking for a guy to complete me. I was already complete. And then when Derek came, he just made it better, more beautiful."

She then revealed the problem she had in her previous relationships was because she lacked in communicating in a healthy manner to her partners: "My relationships before did not work because I would not communicate well. I would shut down. And when I worked on myself, that's when I learned to communicate in a healthy way. So [perfect] timing si Derek talaga. And that's how it works, that's how our relationship works because we communicate well."

"Ellen's not sayingI'm not saying that I'm better than JL or better than any of her exes," Derek interjected. "It's not that. Or that Ellen is better than any of my exes. It's just we met at the right time. We're meant to be. That's how it works. That's just how love is, that's just how life is."

Emphasizing their ~perfect timing~, Ellen said that if they had met five years earlier, it wouldn't have worked out at all. "I'd be the same crazy girl na ang daming issues. I would just hold it in and could not express it properly," she said.

After welcoming their son Elias in 2018, Ellen and John Lloyd's relationship reportedly ended in 2019. It's important to note that Ellen underwent a mental health training program in Bali, Indonesia in early 2020. It was then that she revealed that she was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and PTSD.

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["76692","76627","76188","76077"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments