Responsive Ad

I Always Had A Hard Time Waking Up Early-Here's How I Became A Morning Person

I've raved about my discovery of being a morning person many times now because I always hoped that my story would help someone. Before, I would always wake up grumpy, and mornings were not the best part of my day. Getting up was a difficult task, and most of the time, I went to work with a "don't talk to me right now" RBF.

I didn't like my mornings to stay that way so I spent my precious time trying ~everything~ to make waking up early super easy. This included reading up on various articles and watching a.m. routine vlogs. After much trial-and-error, I finally discovered the formula that worked for me. Below, my tried-and-tested tips:

  1. I fixed my evening routine first.

    Waking up refreshed depends on the quality of sleep you had the night before. So, I evaluated my evening routine or the things I did before going to bed. I also switched to blackout curtains so my room would be super dark and played classical music in the background. 

  2. I asked myself why I always stayed up late.

    This, my friends, is the most important part. When you figure out the major reason you keep on staying up late, evaluate if you can let that habit go. In my case, it was watching gross podiatry videos on YouTube and browsing outfit inspo and memes on Pinterest. These habits weren't essential so I set up time blocks: Just 30 minutes of phone time! (Full disclosure: I still hit the hay at 12 m.n.) 

  3. I changed my wake-up time gradually.

    Let's be real. It's hard to wake up at 5 a.m. if you've been used to getting up at 9 a.m. I set my alarm at 8:30 a.m. on the first week, and then made it 30 minutes earlier in the second week. Now, I naturally wake up at 6:30 a.m. without the help of an alarm.

  4. I made my morning routine ~*fun*~.

    Waking up early would be easy if I had something cool to look forward to. I established a morning routine that will help start my day right. Some of my a.m. highlights are the following: Listening to a mindset management podcast, drinking coffee, and applying my daytime skincare products.

Follow Ira on Instagram.

***

We are officially on Viber! Be part of the Cosmo Viber Community by clicking here!

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["74967","73854","70797","57847"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments