Responsive Ad

Kim Chiu On Her COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects: 'I [was] just always hungry for five days'

Like many celebrities, Kim Chiu is encouraging her fellow Filipinos to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Side effects post-vaccination vary per person, and for Kim, she was "just always hungry for five days!" 

On June 17, Kim took to Instagram to share that she already got her second dose of Sinovac. She also made sure to be more physically active over the past year to strengthen her lungs. 

"[Just got home]. Finally. I have prayed for this day to come!" Kim wrote. "Seeing the COVID-19 videos last year scared me, [there were] so many 'what ifs' on my mind. I made myself physically active by doing different workouts to help my lungs get stronger, mas matindi pa workout ko now than my marathon training before. But today, I am happy that I am #FullyVaccinated protection from major illness and to protect my friends, family, loved ones, and the people around me. Let's all get vaccinated to reach herd immunity." 

The actress added that post-vaccination, she ate five to six meals a day! "The side effect for me is I [was] just always hungry for five days, five to six meals instead of two meals a day, then that's it," Kim wrote, adding a smiley face and the hashtag #justwannashare. 

kim chiu vaccination
INSTAGRAM/chinitaprincess

Filipino celebrities such as Dingdong Dantes, Marian Rivera, Maris Racal, Rico Blanco, Drew Arellano, Iya VillaniaJane Oineza, and RK Bagatsing have also shared photos after their vaccinations on social media. 

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[77072], "widget":"See Also"}]

Typical side effects post-vaccination include "pain at the injection site, fever, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills and diarrhea," according to the World Health Organization (WHO). As of June 12, 2021, the Philippines has received a total of 12.3 million vaccines doses and the country aims to achieve "population protection" by November 2021.

Click here to read about Pinoy frontliners' personal experiences before and after their COVID-19 vaccinations.

***

We're officially on Viber! Be part of our growing community and subscribe to Cosmopolitan Philippines now!

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["77843","77794","77699","77571"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments