Responsive Ad

Chynna Ortaleza Opens Up About Her Drastic Weight Loss

Chynna Ortaleza penned a very honest Instagram post about her drastic weight loss on June 13.

The actress wrote: "I am 86 pounds as of today. But happy that my gut is recovering and that I am free of joint pains." 

[instagram:https://ift.tt/2U2Una5]

"The past six months have tested me. You know the saying, 'Aim for progress and not perfection?' Well, I have to keep repeating this to myself so that I can celebrate my small wins," she continued. 

Prior to the pandemic, Chynna said she weighed 104 pounds, calling it "a steady weight after giving birth to my second child." However, when the pandemic hit, her family had to make drastic adjustments and that’s when her body started reacting.

She shared, "I noticed I would always have gut problems. Feeling acidic, problematic stools, and dull pain on my side. So I took all the tests and scans I could take (you name it, I took it) and decided to also get to the root cause of my issues." 

Chynna reported that all her tests came back normal and she learned a lot of things about her body due to her food intolerance test. 

The mom of two wrote that the test revealed her intolerances to food such as gluten, dairy, eggs, and corn. Revealing the cause of her weight loss, Chynna wrote: "I honestly felt sad because everything I used to eat and loved had all of this! I had to take them out of my system for three to four months! I had to reprogram for the best. I started eating what was right for my body."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[77171], "widget":"See Also"}]

Chynna said that she has been giving her gut some TLC by giving it probiotics, learning how to masticate properly, and hydrating the right way.

"The past months I have started to reintroduce the no-no's on my chart and I will need to start building muscle. I pray that God will continue to light my way as I reconstruct the physical body that He has gifted this soul," Chynna added.

The Kapuso actress wrote: "I also learned that grief and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) reflect on one’s body and I have to go through this to get through it. I lost so many loved ones… And mourn for what we used to enjoy as beings. I have plenty of traumas that I am currently dissecting." 

Chynna urged that people should take it easy with each other because "most of the time, what you see is never ever surface deep."

In February, Chynna wrote about what it was like to be publicly scrutinized for her weight, calling it "a vicious cycle."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["67885","65591","64807","55168"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments