Responsive Ad

'It was my careless self talking': Maine Mendoza apologizes for her 'offensive' old tweets

Maine Mendoza has come a long way since she first charmed millions of Filipinos as Yaya Dub on Eat Bulaga in 2015.

The host-actress has had her Twitter account even before she joined showbiz and on April 16, Friday, she posted an apology for her old tweets.

"Hi tweeps!" she wrote. "I’ve been receiving a lot of messages about my tweets several years ago. Sending my sincerest apologies to those whom I have offended with my tweets way back then. It was my careless self talking and I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I am sincerely sorry."

[twitter:https://twitter.com/mainedcm/status/1383044904864059395]

"Through the years, I have learned to be more careful with my thoughts and words – and how it would affect the people around me," she continued in a follow-up tweet. "Hope you hear me out this time. Praying for everyone’s safety and sanity in these trying times."

[twitter:https://twitter.com/mainedcm/status/1383045661562650625]

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[69984], "widget":"See Also"}]

While Maine didn't indicate which old tweets she was referring to, some netizens have been reacting to some of her posts from way back in 2011, when she was still 15 years old. Maine has already deleted these tweets.

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["65096","61217","76170","70518"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments