Responsive Ad

'He choked and turned blue': Rachelle Ann Go Recalls Her First Days As A New Mom

New mom Rachelle Ann Go couldn't help but get emotional on IG when she recalled her first few days looking after her baby, Lukas Judah Spies.

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3uRhkdp]

In her post, Rachelle said she and her husband Martin Spies had to stay at the hospital for three days after she gave birth because Lukas had to be monitored and given antibiotics, also because of restrictions due to COVID. Lukas was born on March 26.

She also talked about how anxious she was when it came to taking care of Lukas.

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3uTZd6I]

"I didn’t sleep at all!" she remembers. "I didn’t know how to carry Lukas out of his cot. I contemplated for probably half an hour, tried to maneuver him out, I failed. I called Martin & my mom to ask how LOL then eventually asked for the midwife’s help. I changed his nappies and clothes while sweating profusely because I was too nervous."

Rachelle Ann got extra scared and cried when Lukas started to choke! 

"I started breastfeeding him (no idea what I was doing) but because his glucose level that time was really low, they had to give him formula milk," she recalls. "He choked while I was feeding him and turned blue. I panicked and started crying! Whew! I was like, 'Lord, how?!' I need help!!!” Then I realized that nurses and midwives are there to guide us, for some reason I didn’t ask for any help. I guess I was too shy to ask."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[64833], "widget":"See Also"}]

Thankfully, things started to get better and Rachelle Ann was able to figure things out, with the help of the people around her.

"It just shows that even if it’s our first time, we have those motherly instincts that kick in," she shared. "We are made to do this. So do not doubt nor fear. Now I feel like everything else is easy (huwow!). Grabe ang grace ni Lord. To all the first-time mamas, if you need help, be honest with yourself! Do not be scared or embarrassed to ask for it!"

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["76647","74680","73531","70332"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments