Responsive Ad

Song Hye Kyo On Choosing To Act In 'Now We Are Breaking Up': 'People criticized me for doing another romance melodrama'

Hallyu queen Song Hye Kyo's highly-anticipated comeback drama Now We Are Breaking Up  is premiering tomorrow on Viki and we honestly can't wait! In an interview for Dazed Korea as translated by Soompi, the actress talked about starring in melodramas, choosing Now We Are Breaking Up as her latest project, and portraying emotions on screen.

The 39-year-old actress shared her thoughts on acting in yet another romance melodrama after her hit 2018 drama Encounter alongside Park Bo Gum, saying, "I had expectations for myself and wished that the Song Hye Kyo doing a romance melodrama in her 40s will be different than in her 30s. Some people criticized me for doing another romance melodrama, but after wrapping up a drama like this, I don’t have any regrets. No matter what people say, I think that I did a really good job of choosing Now We Are Breaking Up at this point in my life."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[79313], "widget":"See Also"}]

Now We Are Breaking Up revolves around the story of Ha Young Eun, a hardworking fashion designer who is a realist when it comes to both work and love. She then meets fashion photographer Yoon Jae Guk (Jang Ki Yong) who will *try* to change her mind.

With about 25 years of acting experience under her belt, Song Hye Kyo also talked about how her emotional range has developed through the years. She said, "Let's pretend that the stages of sadness I have to portray in a scene range from one to five. If in the past I could only perceive sadness at the first level, now I can feel four levels of emotions in my heart since I’ve aged and built experience. The sadness and pain I didn’t know when I was young have become emotions I feel clearly after time passed."

Watch the drama's trailer here:

[youtube:{"videoId":"null","youtubeId":"pKRmE0Ep8pw", "caption":""}]

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["79938","79919","75882","75262"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments