Responsive Ad

Enchong Dee Faces A P1 Billion Cyber Libel Case

ICYMI, Enchong Dee is facing a P1 billion cyber libel case.

On Thursday, Drivers United for Mass Progress and Equal Rights (DUMPER) PTDA Party List Representative Claudine Diana Bautista-Lim filed the case at the Office of the Provincial Prosecutor in Davao Occidental.

According to Claudine, Enchong allegedly aired "malicious" and "defamatory" remarks about her and her wedding with businessman Jose French Lim, which took place in August. She said Enchong accused her of using "public coffers" to fund her wedding, using money intended for commuters and drivers.

"The posts were meant nothing more than their malicious intentions of maligning my person, depicting me as a corrupt public official," Claudine remarked.

Here's what Enchong tweeted in August:

"The money for commuters and drivers went to her wedding. Let’s not prolong this conversation and don’t say otherwise."

Claudine and Jose were married in Balesin, and Claudine wore a Michael Cinco wedding dress. The wedding received criticism not just from Enchong, but other celebs as well, such as singer-actress Agot Isidro and comedienne Pokwang.

Enchong has not released a statement on the issue. But fans are pointing out that he did issue an apology in August.

"I have been reckless in the tweet I posted and I take full responsibility for my lapse in judgment," Enchong wrote.

"With deep regret, I would like to apologize to Congresswoman Claudine Bautista, her husband, their families, and the Dumper party list. I reacted based on impulse without thinking of the consequences nor the harm it may cause. I learned that as dutiful citizens, we must always fact-check our statements to avoid sensationalism and the spread of false news."

"I will take this opportunity to reflect on the wrong I have done and use this opportunity to better myself in being more discerning of my actions."

[twitter:https://twitter.com/enchongdee777/status/1427658310979768326]

Despite Enchong's apology, Claudine believes this is not sincere.

"He was not sorry to me and for the damage that he has done. He just wants to deflect, albeit unsuccessfully, this criminal charge against him," she said.

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[73755], "widget":"See Also"}]

Claudine added, "This does not do any good for him. It only bolstered and magnified his admission of guilt beyond reasonable doubt for his unprovoked and baseless libelous remarks."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["78571","74313","73583","64356"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments