Responsive Ad

Vickie Rushton On Ending Her Pageant Journey: 'Maybe it's time to dream a new dream'

Vickie Rushton has made a painful decision about her pageant journey.

On June 11, Friday, the actress, model, and former Pinoy Big Brother housemate announced on Instagram that she will finally put an end to joining beauty pageants.

"As much as I don’t want to, I need to close this chapter in my life. I thought I was okay, but today, I realized that I might not be as okay as I thought I was. It finally sunk in that I am no longer part of it. Today, I found myself crying because I am still not ready to let go of this dream but I know I have to and I know God has better plans."

"I never imagined this journey would end this way but maybe it’s time to dream a new dream."

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3vcbZNr]

Vickie has been joining beauty pageants since 2009. She won the title of Mutya Ng Pilipinas in 2011 and joined Binibining Pilipinas for three years. She won first runner-up in Binibining Pilipinas 2018 and competed again in Binibining Pilipinas 2019, where she landed in the Top 15 and bagged six awards. However, she struggled to finish her answer during the Q & A portion.

In December 2019, the Miss Universe Organization announced that Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) will no longer crown the Miss Universe Philippines beginning 2020. Instead, the grand winner will represent the Philippines in Miss International.

Vickie was supposed to try a third time in Binibining Pilipinas 2020—the coronation night of which was supposed to take place in May 2020—but due to the pandemic, the pageant was postponed indefinitely. In April 2021, the Binibining Pilipinas organization announced that it would be rescheduling the pageant finale to June 27, 2021.

In a Facebook live video of beauty pageant website Missosology in January, Miss International director Stephen Diaz made some clarifications with regard to the pageant's age limit. The winner of Binibining Pilipinas 2020 will be competing in the Miss International 2021 pageant in Japan in November 2021.

"The girl has to be 18 years by the time she arrives in the host country and should be 28 years old by the pageant night."

"Right now, based on the contract that we have sent, and those who have already signed and paid for the franchise, that's the understanding."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[66566], "widget":"See Also"}]

"You have to be very aware that the national organization has no power to dictate the age limit of our pageant. It's our pageant, so the [candidates] have to adhere to the rules and regulations that we have set up. To set the record straight, we actually considered accepting girls who would have turned 29 before the pageant happened. We thought about that, like more than half a year ago, maybe around July or August, because we [were] still hoping that we could do the pageant around January, February or March. It just got moved and moved and moved further and sorry to say, but we just need to stick with the age limit that we have already established in the contract."

Vickie did not mention the specific reason for bidding farewell to her pageant dreams, but she turned 29 years old on May 8, 2021.

We're still proud of you, Vickie!

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["69383","64301","64159","77689"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments