Responsive Ad

Maris Racal On Making Music With Rico Blanco: 'I think it just comes naturally'

After months of speculation, Maris Racal confirmed in May that she and OPM superstar Rico Blanco were indeed in a relationship. "Kami po ni Rico. I think basing sa post na ginawa ko, I think it's very obvious," she said referring to her viral birthday post for Rico in March.

Apart from being an actress, Maris is a budding singer-songwriter and actually formed a bond with Rico through their collaborations in the past few years. So far, they've released two songs together, "Abot Langit" (2019) and "Not For Me" (2020). And in a recent report by PUSH, the 23-year-old star shared some deets about her relationship with Rico, both as a couple and collaborators.

"I think it just comes naturally," she said. "Walang study, walang perfect formula for it. Pero if you get each other, then automatic na yung connection, yung attraction, or whatever you call that. Minsan kasi may songwriter ka na mame-meet na hindi mo kapareha ng ways, hindi mo kapareha ng technique. Nagkataon lang medyo pareho kaming dalawa that's why ang bilis namin nakuha yung writing ng isa't isa. Before kasi nag-meet kami through that and then nung nagkaintindihan na, that's when the music happened."

Maris, who is set to star in a two-part Father's Day special for Maalaala Mo Kaya, also talked about her dreams and aspirations as an actress, a singer, and as a person: "Madami pa akong hinahanap sa buhay ko…We're always aiming to be better and be greater...Para sa acting, I want to work with a lot of actresses pa I look up to. Sa music naman I want to release more songs na mas makaka-tap ng madaming tao. As a person, I think masasabi ko talaga na I'm not perfect and ang dami ko pang aspect na kailangan ibago sa sarili ko and I'm slowly learning."

In April, Maris revealed that Rico was her ~dream collaboration~ ("amazing is an understatement") and that he pushes her to be a better musician: "Whenever I'm in the studio with him, siguro if I type everything na sinasabi niya, I would get three books out of every studio session. Kasi ganon'n kadami yung words of wisdom niya in terms of music."

ICYDK, Maris has long looked up to Rico and started out as a fan that would post about him on Twitter. In 2018, they finally got to meet and started making music together.

***

What does your zodiac sign say about you? Subscribe to Cosmopolitan Philippines and find out!

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["77651","77616","77601","77446"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]

 


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments