Responsive Ad

OMG, Toni Gonzaga Will Get To Meet The OG Korean Stars Of 'My Sassy Girl'

A lot of us dream of meeting our favorite Korean stars, and it looks like this is going to come true for actress Toni Gonzaga! ICYMI, Toni is starring in the PH remake of the hit Korean film My Sassy GirlABS-CBN reports that in a virtual interview with G3 San Diego, Toni talked about the upcoming release of the Filipino adaptation and shared that she *might* get to meet Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun! "Part din ng deal doon sa franchise—and I'm praying it will happen—we will go to Korea and meet the original cast. So sana matuloy 'yon," Toni shared.

Ji Hyun and Tae Hyun starred as the leads of the OG Korean movie in 2001. My Sassy Girl tells the story of an ordinary college student named Gyeon-woo who falls in love with an *unusual* girl (who was never given a name in the movie) and together they get into all kinds of situations. 

my sassy girl
YOUTUBE/STONE MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

Toni on landing the lead role in My Sassy Girl 

My Sassy Girl is a dream movie for Toni, and she also shared that she had been considered for the lead roles in previous Korean adaptations before. "Dumating ka na sa point na 'I'm not meant for mga Korean [adaptations].' So kinalimutan ko na, I got married. Tapos ito nga I had Seve." Toni said that one night in 2020, her husband Paul Soriano got a call from Vic Del Rosario of Viva Films and asked her if she was willing to star in the My Sassy Girl adaptation. She, of course, said yes! 

my sassy girl philippines
TWITTER/tincanfilmsph

[ArticleReco:{"articles":[75698], "widget":"See Also"}]

Starring opposite Toni is Pepe Herrera as "Sassy Girl's" love interest. The movie, directed by Fifth Solomon, wrapped filming in December 2020. To know more about the PH remake of My Sassy Girl, click here

***

We're officially on Viber! Be part of our growing community and subscribe to Cosmopolitan Philippines now!

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["75712","75570","75495","75491"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments