Responsive Ad

Moira Dela Torre Says Having PCOS Affected Her Songwriting Process

Moira Dela Torre opened up how having polycystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS) affected her life when she guested in Hannah Pangilinan's YouTube channel. The singer-songwriter first shared that since she got married, she wanted to take good care of her body. She aims to grow old with her husband be a healthy mom for her future children.

Then she proceeded to talk about the struggles of having PCOS and how there's little awareness about it. "I realized with my polycystic ovaries like, there’s little awareness for it, especially here in our country. Like 25 percent of women have it. So, that’s a lot," she explained

Moira then detailed the symptoms she observed. "Like there's brain fog, there’s psoriasis, there's depression, there’s anxiety, there's insomnia. Like so much that polycystic ovaries affect your body to be like. It's a hormonal thing," she divulged.

She detailed more about how severe the brain fog was. "I get brain fog. Like there was one time I forgot my own dog's name. But I knew his name and I just couldn't say it. And it was just so frustrating that it gave me so much anxiety. Like 'what is happening?' I just couldn't remember," she shared.

Moira then revealed that how she struggled with writing songs because of brain fog. Before, she could write songs in one to 15 minutes. "So many songs that I get to write because my brain was good, my brain was healthy. And I was just writing down what I felt in like a really short amount of time," she said.

"And then coming from there and not getting able to write anything at all. And that has really affected me because that was my outlet. Songwriting has always been my outlet So, to not be able to write that way meant so much storage and so much baggage that I couldn't release. So, I started seeing my doctor. I said, 'something was not good.' And this was right before my wedding. And I found out I had polycystic ovaries," she disclosed.

Moira shared that she's been slowly figuring how to manage her health. She's been changing her diet and reading up on PCOS online. "Now, I'm starting to see that if you have polycystic ovaries, there's still not much research about it. So, you really have to listen to your body and your doctor," she said. 

Watch the whole interview of Moira here:

[youtube:{"videoId":"null","youtubeId":"VVDkNw6qpJQ", "caption":"Moira on loving and accepting yourself in all forms & seasons | KWH (Ep. 7)"}]

Follow Ira on Instagram.

***

We are officially on Viber! Be part of the Cosmo Viber Community by clicking here! 

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["76446","76336","76079","75878"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments