Responsive Ad

Who Is Phoebe Dynevor, The Lead Actress Of Netflix's 'Bridgerton'?

Bridgerton is our sexy new Netflix obsession by Shonda Rhimes, no less. Set in a reimagined Regency era, the show revolves around the scandalous lives of London's elite. And Brigderton's lead star is Phoebe Deynevor who plays Daphne, the beautiful but naïve eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family. At this point, we've binged all eight episodes of the series and are more than curious to know more about the actress! Here are a few fast facts to know about rising English star, Phoebe Deynevor.

Phoebe's birthday is on April 17, 1995!

The 25-years-old actress was born in Manchester, England.

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3aTn3IM]

Phoebe is super close to her family.

Much like her on-screen family, Phoebe comes from a close-knit family of five and is the eldest of three siblings. In an interview with Glamour UK, Phoebe spoke more about her family: "The Bridgerton family are a really, super-tight-knit family and I have the same thing at home. I'm really close to my parents and my familythey have shaped me every way they could; they've been such an amazing support system."

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3mWfBPt]

Phoebe's mom is actually a British TV star.

Acting definitely runs in Phoebe's blood 'cause her mom is an actress herself. Phoebe's mother, Sally Dynevor, has been the star of the long-running British soap, Coronation Street, since the 1980s!

[youtube:{"videoId":"null","youtubeId":"nBpu5uKNxw4", "caption":""}]

Phoebe started acting at 14.

Phoebe landed her first TV role when she was 14 years old for the show Waterloo Road. She's acted in several other British series Prisoners' WivesDickensianMonroe, and The Musketeers, as well as the US comedy Younger. She most recently starred alongside Rupert Grint in the comedy crime drama, Snatch.

She thinks Bridgerton is a reflection of the world's obsession with social media and perception.

In her interview with Glamour UK, Phoebe compared how the characters in Bridgerton were so wholly influenced by perception and how it relates to how we portray ourselves on social media today: "They're getting all dressed to the nines, Daphne pretty much always looks perfectshe's not got a hair out of placeand that's Instagram, isn't it? It's basically the same sh*t, different time. My younger sister is nine years younger than me and, between the ages of 15 and 25, there's so much changing and shifting. I was lucky not to have social media when I was really young but, for my sister, that's all she's known. It's interesting watching her grow up in a world where she sees people like Kylie Jenner and is very much influenced by what she sees. It's so important that we're reflecting a real version of ourselves on social media platforms for people like my sister."

[instagram:https://ift.tt/3mY0JjG]

She didn't know much about Bridgerton before landing the project.

In an interview with Town & Country, Phoebe said everything happened so quickly in terms of her landing her role that she wasn't able to know more about the project before starting to work on it: "I remember I had an audition in January, I was actually in New York at the time and I filmed a tape and never heard anything back from it. And then three months later I got called in and I met with [executive producer] Betsy Beers and [creator] Chris Van Dusen and it kicked off from there. And then I chemistry read with Regé-Jean Page the week after. It all happened really quickly when it actually happened, and so between my second meeting and the chemistry test, I read the books and got to know who this character was and what her world was like. Because from the script it felt period, but not conventionally so."

For Phoebe, the most challenging thing about Bridgerton was the dancing!

If you've watched all eight episodes of Bridgerton, you'd know that there is an overwhelming number of dance sequences filmed all throughout the show. Phoebe revealed to Town And Country that it was the dancing part that really kept her nervous during filming: "I was really nervous about the dancing, because I've always told myself that I’m not a dancer, so I started to believe it. We had this incredible choreographer called Jack Murphy, and we had six weeks of rehearsals before filming began. It really helped the chemistry between Regé and me because we had to learn to dance together, and that very much informed our acting relationship. There were also a lot of scenes where we had dialogue during these dance routines, which looks easy, but it's quite difficult to pull off. Those scenes were the most nerve-racking, but also the most fulfilling."

Phoebe is a fan of period dramasspecifically Regency era ones!

"I love a good period drama. I particularly love the Regency era," Pheobe told Town And Country. "I grew up in the era of Keira Knightley, so I've seen every one of her movies a few times. I remember watching Brideshead Revisited as well when I was young. That was saying one of the shows that my dad was like, 'You have to watch this,' when I was in my early teens. There are just so many good ones, aren't there?"

Bridgerton is available on Netflix.

***

What does your zodiac sign say about you? Subscribe to Cosmopolitan Philippines and find out!

Follow Jacinda on Instagram.

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["74595","75109","74753","74366"], "widget":"More from cosmo"}]


Source: Cosmo PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments